Saturday, December 12, 2009

Are you sheep or the Leader

My mind is currently moving faster than I can follow, so this simple act of writing feels so difficult. I was thinking earlier have how so many people are sheep to others. They follow blindly with an almost inability to think for themselves. Why do they surrender themselves to other people? Are they afraid that if they were to decide for themselves they may fail?
You look at all these cults where some Psycho gets so many to harm others or themselves. The followers walk so willingly a path that their said leader tells them to. I know that many would say that about me when it comes to my faith, being that I am a devote Christian. I say I am not, because I follow God, not a mere man on a power trip. I would never follow my Pastor or some other Leader into anything blindly. I would never harm another being or myself at the request of another human being.
I am one who is always being described as marching to the beat of a different drummer. I think we should all be that. Why do you march to the beat of someone other than your own drum? Do you hear your drum? Are you like so many, and can't hear it? Then stop, close the world for a little while and listen. Find your drummer. Find your rhythm.
Is your drummer playing the same rhythm as everybody else? If it is, I say stop a bit longer. For we are all different, so our drum should not be anybody's but yours. Some might be similar, but non should be the same, except maybe your spouse, since if its healthy you are both one.

No comments:

Post a Comment